Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Monster At The End Of This Book

This was one of my favorite books as a kid and Mary-Ella loves it too.

For those who've not encountered the fun and joy that is "The Monster At The End Of This Book" - a brief plot outline - Grover (of Sesame Street fame) asks us not to turn the page as there is a monster at the end of the book, but of course being the curious creatures we are, can't help ourselves and turn the page. Grover tries many remedies including tying the pages together and building a brick wall. Despite his best efforts the reader continues to turn those pages, scary Grover silly. There is a major plot twist just before the resolution and I don't want to spoil it those who've not had the pleasure!


I'm so happy that The Chop digs this book the way I did!!

Kitty came and joined in listening to big sister spin the tale too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara D. said...

Thanks for the book report! 8) I remember this book, I'm going to have to find it for my DD!!! Beautiful pics as usual!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

My boys LOVE this book, too! I'll second your plug.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Oh, and I love your captures - the second one is so cute, with the two of them.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home