Friday, February 16, 2007

Rob Heyman Photography Workshop

A few days back I went on my first photography workshop. It was such a great experience - Rob Heyman is a Master Photographer with the AIPP - he spent time with us discussing and practicing lighting and composition as well as running a photography business. Here is a pic of Rob at work. Rob has so much knowledge about photography - it's mind blowing, he is quite a character too - so the sitting and listening part was educational, interesting and entertaining (particulary when he threw paper balls at Kym when she couldn't keep quiet!!) I felt like I was hanging with a celebrity - I've known about Rob and his stunning work for many years - so it was amazing to spend two days listening and learning from him.
I tell ya - I had some serious gear envy!! The group was a pretty mixed bunch - from people with many years experience through to me ....with not much time behind me. We also had another Master Photographer attending who had lots of advice and great discussion. I can't say how much I enjoyed my time.

Here is a pic of the ladies I went with - I'm the one without the camera of course!! Next to me is Annie (who coincidently goes to my sisters church and we had a good laugh when we discovered we knew a lot of the same people.) Kym and Jenny are ILPers who I meet on an Aussie Thread. We have shared many hours of photography conversation in our previous get togethers so you can image the gabble when together for a few days in a row. I'm really grateful for this experience. ( I won't tell you what I did to myself with the liquify tool!! haha.)
Here are a few of my shots from our final play at Moffat Beach on the Sunshine Coast - a location I hope to visit again very soon. Isn't it magnificent - particulary with the storm brewing .......?

10 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Goblot said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I could have been there.

Kymberry & Jenny from Oz, right?

I like the shots. Did you vignette, or was that the darkness of the incoming storm?

4:47 AM  
Blogger Marla said...

Looks like you had tons of fun and learned a lot! Those two shots at the end are beautiful, Sheila. I love the moody feel to them. :)

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun .. your photos are amazing.. I love them ..
I wished I could have some photos like that of DH and I ..
Great Job Sheila ..

6:37 AM  
Blogger Sara D. said...

What an awesome experience! Beautiful location, and beautiful shots!!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Wow, Sheila. What a great experience for you! Those last two shots of the couple on the beach are wonderful, so moody with the storm coming in. You are right...magnificent.

8:07 AM  
Blogger amy gretchen said...

Sounds like an excellent time. Love looking at the photos. I am drooling over all the equipment that was there. Sounds like heaven.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that Sheila, the guys I study with in NZ 1 weekend a year are also AIPP masters. this'll knock you out of that funk eh! I am so jealous of your workshop... You can join the aipp btw, and me, I'm not sure if I can join but I can go and attend the awards I think and observe. and learn.

6:06 PM  
Blogger sherri said...

Very cool! I am so jealous! I love those last two shots!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Love the pics! Glad you had such a great time!

4:44 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

What an amazing opportunity, Sheila! That looks soooo fun! Gorgeous shots, btw - those should go straight onto your website!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home