Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Two Wheels Today

And I guess if I blink it will be four wheels tomorrow.....


As you can see Mary-Ella said "good-bye" to training wheels. This age amazes me - so many new things to learn like tying shoelaces, blowing bubblegum bubbles, skipping rope, swinging on monkey bars and of course riding a two wheeler. All complex tasks - tasks that challenge but this kid is a determined little girl - she keeps at these things until she gets them just right.
I was preparing for some angst on her part - things come so easily to her and I thought this challenge might be the one that made her walk the hard road - but it was not too be....

Luke gave her the run and push and she just peddled her little heart out - perfect balance first time. She didn't have any major crashes which was amazing. The only thing that gave her any tears was a green ant bite - and who can blame her - they make me cry!!

Terrible pics - I know - but you can see the joy on her face and that is what really counts.


Now she just needs to learn to start herself and master the brake......I can almost hear the keys jangle.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

WTG Mary Ella! I love the pics...you're right the joy on her face is what is important and you captured that so well. They grow so fast...much too fast.

I'm tagging you :) for out takes. Post some outtakes and tag three more people ;) Can't wait to see them.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Sara D. said...

Wow, times a flying! Love these pictures, pure joy on her face! My DD is growing also, and suddenly has an opinion on everything DH and I talk about, too funny!!!

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home