Sunday, March 11, 2007

Bittersweet and the birthday bbq..

On Saturday we had a quiet little birthday bbq to mark Ava's second birthday.

Here she is playing with her Tinkerbell teaset from "the burgers."Cake time. These are just a few snaps that I got - no great portraits but they show her cute expressions. She was so excited when everyone hit the "Happy Birthday" high notes!!

I would never have finished the girl in the teepee cake if my sister wasn't there to help...I was ready to flatten it!!!
I can't believe my baby girl is two. I'm feeling sad to say goodbye to those baby ways - her sweet little chatter, her wonderful expressions, her cuddles and all those tiny little things that make her who she is right now.

I wish I could hang onto it for just that little bit longer.....

Being a mother is bittersweet.

5 Comments:

Blogger susy said...

OMG that cake is amazing, so glad your sister helped you out, it would have been a shame to squish it lol. BTW happy bday to your little cutie.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Marla said...

What a cool cake!! Happy birthday to your little sweetie. :) My little Anna turned 2 on the 9th, and we had a little get-together for her on Saturday, too.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

So Sweet! You are a cool mom too! I could never make a cake like that.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Wildmans on the Web said...

Spewing we couldn't be there. She is just the happiest kid and so beautiful! And I love the cake, it looks awesome. You've outdone yourself again. I know you look back on times past and ponder, but it's always exciting as they learn new things don't you think? I guess that's the bittersweet bit... Zac is babbling a lot now - lots of "blee blee blubber blah blah"s, so cute

11:47 PM  
Blogger Shenanigans said...

OMG you made that cake?? Wow, my son would LOVE that. Amazing!! These pictures are adorable.

Jodie

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home