Sunday, August 19, 2007

I Blame It All on the Red Hot Chilli Peppers

I may have earned myself a speeding fine - but only because I was listening to the Californation CD. The girls and I were on our way to meet some ILPer's (for the uninitiated it's a photography forum). We live an hours drive from where we live so off we left. The first part of the trip it was the Beatles - I explained to Mary-Ella how the were one of the first superbands and tried to imprint on her little mind the magnitude their tunes have had on the world of music. After a while I decided it was time for a change in tempo and if a musical education is important then it's not complete without one of my all time favs- Californication. There are so many awesome tracks and I was grooving away - it was a 100km zone and I realised that I was doing 112kms and I know the police often have speed cameras in the area. I eased back on the accelerator and went back to singing. Next thing I know I've driven past the camera and I just my speedo only to discover it had crept back to 112kms again!!!!

It will be at least three weeks before I know for sure if I got a ticket. You do see why the Red Hot Chilli's are at fault don't you?

Just after that Mary-Ella reads a sign that says "Choose your speed. Choose your consequences." She struggled with consequences and wanted to know what it meant and that conversation is a whole other story...

I thought I would leave you with one of my all time favorite songs - if I had to write a top ten list this would be on it - I would have to think hard about the other 9 but this would be there.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Yes, it's 100% the Chili Peppers fault!! Ha! Sending good vibes that you don't recieve that ticket in the mail..and I agreee, the song is fab!

5:11 AM  
Blogger Team Design-Bytes said...

OH yeah I can see the relation, just like when my hubby blames the flow of traffic for his speeding and there is only one other car in front of us... 15 car lengths in front of us... mmmmmhmmmmmmmmm I totally see the connection. LOL
You cracked me up!
-Kaz

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home