Thursday, August 30, 2007

Top Ten

A few posts back I added a youtube video of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers doing "scar tissue" one of my all time favorite songs. I got thinking and tried to come up with a top 10 list. It is so hard - I'm still struggling - for some reason it seems to be much harder than listing top 10 books or films.

I thought I might do this in installments as I have time to think.

So far in random order have

"scar tissue" (see video below)

"nothing new" by the waifs -I couldn't find a video and am not even sure one was made so I found the lyrics

NOTHING NEW

I'm going to dress up tonight
I'll look real pretty for i don't know who
I'll find my own way around this great big city
And I'll sit at a bar and im gonna have a drink

I'll leave you to revel in your youthful yearnings
I know you like to visit them from time to time
Like a theif I steal the words you write to her
I take them to my heart and I wish them to be mine

But this is nothing
But it ain't nothing
Oh this is nothin new
But it aint nothin

You long for sweetness
Does mine make you sickly
Or maybe I no longer have the sweetness you require
There's nothing sweet about a heart so embittered
It;s ugly and it's cold and tonight it's out for hire

This is nothing new
But it ain't nothing

We live through this day after day
Complacency's a curse
But you just can't escape it
I've arrived at a place where my tolerance gave way
And i struggle to hold my head up high

It doesn't mean much without the music - so if you get a chance to listen- do it.

And lastly for this installment

"into the dark" by ben lee









I'd really love to challange some of my fellow bloggers to list their top 10 and hopefully link us to a video....

So Anna (coz I know this girl loves her music) Julie Renee Amy(another music lover) and Brenda

I will work really hard to come up with my final seven.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

and now i'm taggin you!
what a fun idea you're starting though.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Great idea Sheila! I'll work on my list :)

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home